This stunning ride takes you from the north coast of both Cornwall and Devon to their respective southern shores. Riding from Ilfracombe to Plymouth across Devon and from Bude to Port Wrinkle in Cornwall's Whitsand Bay, much of this spectacular route is on disused railway track taking you through tunnels and across breathtaking viaducts and bridges. Every day brings gorgeous scenery and grand views with a day's riding in Dartmoor National Park as a special highlight.
Enjoy sandy beaches, long estuaries and lush green valleys, peppered with characterful towns, and charming hamlets. With a magic of its own, the Cornish coast has dramatic inlets sheltered by cliffs in the north and well-loved coves and beaches to the south. There are a few hills but much of this ride is traffic free as it slices through the countryside using the bike paths of the 'Velodyssey route' - Tarka Trail, the Granite Way, Drakes Trail and the Plym Valley.
- Price from
- Classic £995 per person based on two people sharing a room
- 7 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from Barnstaple. Finishes Barnstaple or Plymouth. By train, Barnstaple is 4 hours from London Paddington
- Classic Two small hotels, a village inn and a b&b in Tavistock
- Activity level
- Not so gentle cycling. More info...
- Electric bikes
- 3 days of cycling and 3 days of optional cycling 26 - 43 miles (42 - 69 km) per day
- A few slopes on most days
- Additional nights en route
- A day fly fishing on day 4
- Take the ferry from Plymouth to Roscoff and continue cycling the Velodyssey route in France