Starting in the New Forest, this tour combines forest life at its best with the stunning Dorset coast. With several days of optional cycling, the itinerary is very relaxed and provides plenty of time to discover the many pleasures of this holiday area.
The tour leads through a variety of forests and woods, where you can enjoy some unusually close encounters with animals. Peaceful and traffic free tracks lead to characterful villages and historic small towns that are a delight to explore. The Dorset coastal areas you will visit offer wonderful variety from the charming fishing village and beach at Mudeford to the busy quays where you board two ferries. Enjoy sand spits and beach huts, two piers and beachside and cliff top cycling in Bournemouth. The unspoilt glorious sandy beaches of Studland are part of the route too along with the utterly delightful quay on the river estuary at Wareham and a glimpse of rural Dorset at its best. Add a tank museum or steam trains, a spot of boating or horse riding or simply some time on the beach and it’s quite an adventure!
Please click the image on the left for more images of this holiday
- Classic £875 per person based on two people sharing a room. £530 per child based on 2 children sharing a room
- Luxury £1,705 per person based on two people sharing a room. £1,185 per child based on 2 children sharing a room
- 7 nights
- Start & Finish
- Classic holiday starts Fridays and is circular from Burley. Luxury holiday starts Thursdays and is circular from Brockenhurst. Burley is a short taxi ride from Brockenhurst station which is 1.5 hours from London by train. It is also close to Bournemouth airport
- Classic A forest inn, a b&b and a small hotel
- Luxury A luxury spa hotel, a waterside boutique hotel, a riverside old priory and a country house hotel
- Activity level
- Gentle cycling (1) More info...
- Electric bikes
- 3 days of cycling 15 - 24 miles (24 - 38 km) per day and 2 days of optional cycling
- Extend your holiday to include the Isle of Wight and Beaulieu by taking our 8 night - Isles, Coast and New Forest trip
- Extend your holiday to Salisbury and Stonehenge by adding our New Forest and Stonehenge trip
View Dorset beaches and the New Forest in a larger map