This is an inspiring holiday of contrasts offering some fabulous cycling in the New Forest National Park coupled with a visit to the World Heritage site of Stonehenge with your own tour guide and time to enjoy the historic city of Salisbury.
From your New Forest inn, you freewheel down to the Avon valley and follow the string of pretty villages that lie along the river. Quiet and characterful, the route leads by the back door into the heart of Salisbury. This fascinating city with its famous cathedral will not disappoint and there's ample time to explore. Next up is Stonehenge - quite awesome but not a place to arrive by bike so we have arranged for a guide to meet you nearby so you can fully appreciate the sight and enjoy the idyllic ride there. Heading home, you will experience the New Forest as its best with wooded villages, cosy pubs, some gravel tracks and great views.
Please click the image on the left for more images of this holiday
- Price from
- Classic £695 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Luxury £1,100 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Extras included
- Personal guided tour of Stonehenge. See what’s included as standard
- 5 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts Sundays and is circular from Burley. Burley is a short taxi ride from Brockenhurst station which is 1.5 hours from London by train. It is also close to Bournemouth airport
- Classic 3 nights in forest inns, and 2 nights in a small hotel in the heart of Salisbury
- Luxury An old manor house, a 4 star Georgian hotel and one of our classic forest inns
- Activity level
- Gentle cycling (4) More info...
- Electric bikes
- 3 days of cycling 10 - 20 miles (16 - 32 km) per day and 1 day of optional cycling
- Some slopes all 3 days of cycling
- 20% very low traffic on the rest
- Extend the holiday to include the Dorset coast by adding our 7 night trip - Dorset Beaches and the New Forest
- Extend the tour to include the Isle of Wight by adding our 5 night New Forest Villages to the Isle of Wight trip
View The New Forest and Stonehenge in a larger map