This gentle bicycle tour weaves its way through the picturesque Van Gogh landscapes of Provence and into the wild heart of the Camargue. Pedal at your own pace along quiet backroads through sweeping plains, olive groves and vineyards, and discover the towns of Avignon, Saint Rémy, Arles - the provencal “Rome” - and Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer en route.
This is classic Provence, with its traditional stone farmhouses, Romanesque chapels, and quaint medieval villages perched atop hillsides. Under the limestone ridges of the Alpilles mountains, and in the valleys of aromatic herbs and thyme, this cycling holiday offers the chance to get up close with the details of this beautiful part of France.
The untamed wildness of the Camargue never fails to delight, with extended flatlands of rice paddies and salt pans, sparse farmhouses and windswept fields. White horses trot through the marshes, black bulls graze in their farms, and thousands of flamingoes, egrets, and herons fill the skies in their graceful flight. It's not to be missed!
- Price from
- Luxury £2,280 per person based on two people sharing a room. Trip is available from March to November. If booked in the low season - March & November the price is £1,915 per person
- Extras included
- Transfers to/from Marseille airport or Avignon/Arles station, dinner on day 5 and and picnic lunch on day 6. See what’s included as standard
- 6 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts daily from Avignon station or Marseille airport and finishes at Arles station or Marseille airport
- Luxury 4 and 5 star hotels and guest houses
- Activity level
- Gentle cycling (2) More info...
- Electric bikes
- 4 days of cycling with a further day of optional cycling; 17 - 31 miles (28 - 50 km) per day
- The Camargue is flat whilst Provence can be hilly - although the tour is gentle in distances, if you are concerned you may wish to consider an electric bike
- Quiet lanes and tracks
- Additional nights in Arles, Avignon and Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer