This gorgeous cycling holiday travels from the shores of Loch Lomond through to the dramatic lochs and glens of the Trossachs National Park, to Pitlochry in the Highlands and all the way to Edinburgh.
The Trossach hills provide a fabulous backdrop to your route, which leads you through stunning wooded glens and beside quiet lochs to the highland town of Pitlochry. Ride along the water's edge of many a loch, where little breaks the silence. Pedal along the dramatic Glen Ogle Viaduct using a former railway line with views to die for. Forests alternate with sheep clad slopes, castles and distilleries where you can pause for a 'wee dram' with isolated hamlets and classic Scottish towns. Feasts for real foodies await - this area of Scotland isn't just known for its beauty, landscape, and wildlife, but also its fabulous cuisine.
Your cycling adventure ends in Pitlochry; from here you ride the train to Edinburgh and explore this vibrant capital with an overnight stay in the heart of the city.
- Price from
- Classic £990 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Luxury £1,940 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Extras included
- Train fare from Pitlochry to Edinburgh. See what’s included as standard
- 6 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts Thursdays from Loch Lomond and finishes Edinburgh. Balloch station is adjacent to Loch Lomond and is 2 hours from Edinburgh and 50 minutes from Glasgow.
- Classic 4 perfectly located small hotels, an inn and city centre B&B in Edinburgh
- Luxury 6 unique hotels - three with 5 stars, two with 4 stars and one 3 star
- Activity level
- Not so gentle cycling. More info...
- Electric bikes
- 4 days of cycling 20 - 37 miles (35 - 59 km)
- One flat day, three longish hills and the rest undulating
- 33% traffic free very low traffic on the rest
- Add a night at the start in Glasgow to explore the art, music and architectural scene of Scotland's largest city
- Additional night at Loch Lomond to pedal north along the lochside and return by boat
- Take a day fly fishing on one of the lochs
- Enjoy white water rafting or canyoning in Pitlochry
- Additional nights in Edinburgh with a guided bike tour of the city