This road cycling tour is grand in every way. With 3,000 feet of climbing on each of the four days, it’s certainly a big physical challenge. The route traverses the full range of iconic Scottish landscapes, from epic mountains and lochs to forests and sweeping sand dunes. The reward at the end of each 'not so gentle' day is well worth the effort, with stays in Scotland’s finest luxury hotels.
With so much to see and do along the way, the option of staying two nights in each hotel comes highly recommended. Play on the world-famous golf courses, sample an award-winning 'wee dram' of whisky at a local distillery, take a flight in a sea plane over the Trossachs’ glens, visit historic castles and unspoilt medieval villages, explore the historic and culturally vibrant city of St. Andrews, or spend the day in tranquility with a spot of fishing on the lochs. Nothing could be grander!
- Price from
- Luxury £2,450 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Extras included
- Dinner at Kinloch House Hotel. GPS units. Carbon fibre road bikes. See what’s included as standard
- 5 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts daily from Gleneagles Hotel, Auchterader and finishes at Cameron House, Loch Lomond. Gleneagles station where we will meet you is 1 hour north of Glasgow and 1.5 hours from Edinburgh. Loch Lomond is 40 minutes by train to Glasgow. We can also arrange private transfers to/from the airport to the hotels or from Glasgow or Edinburgh stations
- Luxury Scotland’s finest - Gleneagles Hotel Auchterader, The Old Course Hotel St Andrews, Kinloch House Blairgowrie, Cromlix Dunblane and Cameron House Loch Lomond
- Activity level
- Not so gentle cycling. More info...
- 4 days of cycling 53 miles (85 km) per day with 3,000 – 3,500 feet of climbing per day. Additional 4 days of circular cycling routes available (2 nights stay in each hotel)
- Road cycling, hills aplenty!
- Most roads are minor; some short sections on busier roads
Cycling butler. This tour is offered with the exclusive services of your very own cycling butler. He is on hand to: set up pit stops along the route, with healthy snacks, hot drinks, energy bars, and drinks; transport your wet weather gear and have dry towels on hand; give advice on the best spots to take pictures; pick up any weary cyclists and transfer them to the destination hotel, inform on the latest weather forecasts and arrange services such as a massage at the end of the day. This service is an additional £2,900, based on 2 people.
Stay an additional night at each hotel, and choose to take one of our circular cycling routes, or take a break from the saddle and enjoy a round of golf, loch fishing, castle spotting and a sea plane flight over the Trossachs’ glens. Or simply take the day off and relax