By combining walking and cycling, this tour enables you to enjoy the full variety of the magical Cotswolds area with its beautiful hills and picture postcard valleys. The carefully tailored route gives you fabulous views on foot at Stow on Wold and Broadway Tower and gentle pedalling takes you along the gorgeous Windrush valley and to the honey-coloured stone villages at Bourton on Water (or Lower Slaughter for the luxury tour) and Chipping Campden, where you stay for two nights. In addition to these well known gems, you will discover many of our other favourite spots from delicious farm shop stops and hidden bridleways to ancient church wall paintings and lavender fields. With cosy pub stops where the locals congregate and awesome manor houses with eccentric art collections, you will experience the full array of treasures the Cotswolds have to offer.
- Price from
- Classic £1,045 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Luxury £1,810 per person based on two people sharing a room
- 7 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts Mondays from Oxford and finishes Kingham station with trains to Oxford, London and the north
- Classic Small and characterful, centrally located hotels, inns and a tea room
- Activity level
- Gentle cycling (3) More info...
- Electric bikes
- 3 days of walking (2 optional) 10 miles (16km) per day and 3 days of cycling 16 - 25 miles (26 - 40 km) per day
- Some slopes on the cycling days and a few hills on the walking days
- 10% traffic free cycling with the remainder on back roads and quiet lanes
- Additional nights in Oxford