William Shakespeare is widely considered to be the greatest dramatist of all time. His 37 plays feature inspired plots, remarkable poetry, brilliant insights into human character and a very creative use of the English language. 2016 marks the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare's death.
In celebration of his legacy, we have created our Shakespeare's Way tour, so you can pedal the route that the poet perhaps took on his journeys between the Globe Theatre in London, where most of his plays were first performed to public acclaim and his home in Stratford-upon-Avon, where his wife Anne Hathaway and his children lived. Discover along the way the places and people featuring in Shakespeare's life and works. Leave the heart of London following the River Thames and travel through the beautiful countryside of the Cotswolds passing some of England's finest attractions - London, Hampton Court, Windsor, Oxford, Blenheim Palace and Stratford-upon-Avon.
- Price from
- Classic £1,895 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Luxury £2,780 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Extras included
- A tour of Shakespeare's Globe Theatre in London and entry to the 5 Shakespeare houses in Stratford on Avon. See what’s included as standard
- 10 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts Fridays from London and finishes Stratford on Avon.
- Classic 4 inns, 3 small and 2 larger hotels and a guest house
- Luxury One 5 star hotel, eight 4 star hotels and one inn (our classic choice)
- Activity level
- Gentle cycling (2) More info...
- Electric bikes
- 9 days of cycling 11 - 22 miles (18 - 35 km) per day
- A few slopes
- 50% traffic free and the rest on quiet roads
- Additional nights in London, Oxford and Stratford on Avon
- Shakespeare Theatre tickets in Stratford on Avon and London