William Shakespeare is widely considered to be the greatest dramatist of all time. His 37 plays feature inspired plots, remarkable poetry, brilliant insights into human character and a very creative use of the English language. 2014 marked the 450th anniversary of Shakespeare's birth.
In celebration we created Shakespeare's Way so you can pedal the route that the poet perhaps took on his journeys between the Globe Theatre in London, where most of his plays were first performed to public acclaim and his home in Stratford-upon-Avon, where his wife Anne Hathaway and his children lived. Discover along the way the places and people featuring in Shakespeare's life and works. Leave the heart of London following the River Thames and travel through the beautiful countryside of the Chilterns and the Cotswolds passing some of England 's finest attractions - London, Hampton Court, Windsor, Oxford, Blenheim Palace and Stratford-upon-Avon.
- Price from
- Classic £1,245 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Luxury £1,895 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Extras included
- A tour of Shakespeare's Globe Theatre in London and entry to the 5 Shakespeare houses in Stratford on Avon. See what’s included as standard
- 7 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts daily except Mondays and Tuesdays from London and finishes Stratford on Avon.
- Classic Two historic riverside inns, a village pub, and three centrally located hotels
- Luxury Two 5 star, one 4 star and one 3 star hotel (our classic choice), a restaurant with rooms and a boutique hotel
- Activity level
- Not so gentle cycling. More info...
- Electric bikes
- 5 days of cycling 29 - 43 miles (46 - 69 km) per day and one day of optional cycling
- A few hills
- 20%; very low traffic on the rest
- Additional nights in London and Stratford on Avon
- Shakespeare Theatre tickets for Stratford on Avon and London
View Shakespeare's Way: 7 nights in a larger map