The River Thames threads its way serenely through sleepy rural villages, pretty landscapes and through the heart of bustling historic towns such as Oxford and Windsor. Royalty and history beckon, whilst water meadows, old inns, wildlife and weirs lead you on.
The tranquil river path provides the route for much of this trip. The itinerary is relaxed and includes several optional river boat trips with bikes aboard. What a great way to discover the sights and smells of quintessential England!
Please click the image on the left for more images of this holiday
- Price from
- Classic £895 per person based on two people sharing a room. for 6 nights. 8 night trip £1,250 per person based on two people sharing a room and £640 per child based on 2 children sharing a room. 6 night trip £475 per child based on 2 children sharing a room
- Luxury £1,395 per person based on two people sharing a room. for 6 nights. 8 night trip £1,980 per person based on two people sharing a room
- 6 or 8 nights
- Start & Finish
- 6 night trip starts Sundays and is circular from Windsor. 8 night trip starts Fridays and is circular from London
- Classic Centrally located, hand picked hotels and inns
- Luxury Characterful and historic 4 and 5 star hotels
- Activity level
- Gentle cycling (2) More info...
- Electric bikes
- 4 days of cycling with a further 3 days of optional cycling 11 - 19 miles (18 - 30 km) per day
- Almost completely. No cycling in London is required
- Additional nights in London and Oxford
- Explore further from Oxford by taking one of our trips into the Cotswolds
- Easy transport links enabling a non-cycling partner to enjoy the holiday
View Oxford and Thames royal palaces in a larger map