A truly astonishing adventure! Revel in the very heart of London and enjoy whatever takes your fancy for a day in the capital. Then step from your overnight accommodation onto a river boat, with bike aboard, and follow the Thames as it threads its way serenely through the history of England. Monarchs built their palaces and planted their gardens along the banks of the river at Kew, Richmond, Hampton Court and Windsor. This tour explores all these royal gems and many other hidden treasures along a route that is unbelievably rural and yet very close to the metropolis of London.
Your cycling begins at Kew where you disembark. Take in the royal parks where monarchs once hunted, the tranquil Thames river path with its rural backwaters and weirs, historic towns, ancient waterside inns and the houses and vistas of the rich and famous. By pass the traffic and enjoy the sights and smells of quintessential England.
- Price from
- Classic £865 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Luxury £1,300 per person based on two people sharing a room
- 4 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts daily except Fri or Sat from London, finishes Richmond. Richmond is 20 minutes by train into central London and not far from Heathrow Airport
- Classic Centrally located hotels and a b&b in Windsor
- Luxury Characterful and historic 4 and 5 star hotels
- Activity level
- Gentle cycling (1) More info...
- Electric bikes
- 4 days of cycling 4 - 26 miles (6 - 42 km) per day
- Almost completely - The tour does not require any cycling in London
- Additional nights in London
- Easy transport links enabling a non-cycling partner to enjoy the itinerary