Here is a celebration of royal history. Monarchs built their palaces and planted their gardens along the banks of the River Thames at Richmond, Kew, Hampton Court and Windsor. They hunted on the vast tracts of land surrounding these palaces which remain today as unspoilt royal parks. This tour is unbelievably rural as it follows the tranquil river path and leads through the majestic parks. You by pass the traffic and enjoy these historic gems from an unusual perspective.
Freewheel along the river Thames and enjoy the vistas, palatial houses and hidden delights on the route from bustling Richmond to Kew and upstream to Hampton Court where you stay the night. Cycle the river path the next day taking in Runnymede and the weirs and wildlife enroute to reach Windsor castle and your next overnight stop. On the final day, explore the lovely old villages close by and ride through wonderful Windsor Park. Return by train to Richmond.
- Price from
- Classic £565 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Luxury £885 per person based on two people sharing a room
- 3 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts daily and is circular from Richmond
- Classic Hand picked hotels and inns
- Luxury Characterful and historic 4 star hotels
- Activity level
- Gentle cycling. More info...
- Electric bikes
- From 11 to 37 miles (18 to 59 km) per day
- Almost entirely
- Additional nights in Windsor or Richmond
- Easy transport links enabling a non-cycling partner to enjoy the itinerary