This walk and river boat trip is a wonderfully relaxed way of experiencing the Thames. Each day you board a river boat (ticket included) and float downstream to your next destination. There you have an enviable choice for you can tug on your walking boots and enjoy the best local route we know through the surrounding countryside and along the river or you can revel in the slow pace and just potter about. Each overnight stay is a few minutes walk from the boat pier of these historic towns with riverside cafes, tempting museums and celebrated landmarks claiming your attention.
This is such a great way to discover the sights and smells of quintessential England for the river threads its way through sleepy rural villages, pretty landscapes and through the heart of bustling historic towns such as Oxford, Henley and Windsor. Royalty and history beckon, whilst water meadows, old inns, wildlife and weirs lead you serenely on.
- Price from
- Classic £830 per person for 5 nights based on two people sharing a room or £1,145 per person for 7 nights based on two people sharing a room
- Luxury £1,295 per person for 5 nights based on two people sharing a room or £1,830 per person for 7 nights based on two people sharing a room
- 5 or 7 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts Saturdays from Oxford. Finishes Henley (5 night tour) or Windsor (7 night tour). Available to start between 8th July and 19th August 2017.
- Classic All accommodation is land based with centrally located hand picked hotels and inns and 1 b&b
- Luxury All accommodation is land based with a characterful and historic 4 and 5 star hotels and a coaching inn
- Activity level
- Gentle walking. More info...
- 5 or 7 days of optional walking 3 - 9 miles (5 - 14 km) per day with 4 or 6 river boat cruises 1 - 4 hours per day
- Essentially flat but with some gentle hills
- Additional nights in Oxford, Henley and Windsor
- Continue on to London with our Meanders on the lower Thames trip