The lower Thames from Henley to central London and Greenwich embraces many landscapes from rural meadows with kissing gates to royal palaces and castles, from tiny hamlets to the historic towns and cities of Windsor and London and from backwaters and weirs to old dockyards. With our knowledge of the Thames we have created an itinerary designed to give you time to enjoy all the delights this great river has to offer.
Threading its course through history and royalty, the Thames provides such a great way to discover the sights and smells of quintessential England . Take in Windsor Castle and the palaces at Hampton Court and Kew, the unsung but very English details that line the river banks, the charming towns of Henley and Marlow and the Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew. Walk through the heart of London and sleepy rural villages, enjoy the wildlife and discover an England most tourists rarely see.
- Price from
- Classic £1,085 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Luxury £1,795 per person based on two people sharing a room
- 7 nights or 13 if combined with our Thames Path source to Henley trip
- Start & Finish
- Starts Mondays from Henley. Finishes London. Henley is 1 hour from London by train
- Classic Centrally located hand picked hotels and inns with one b&b
- Luxury A 5 star central London hotel, four 4 star hotels and two 3 star hotels all in the heart of each location
- Activity level
- Not so gentle walking. More info...
- 5 days of walking 7 - 14 miles (11 - 22 km) per day with 2 days of optional walking
- More or less flat
- Additional nights in Windsor or London
- Follow the entire river to London by adding our Walk the Lower Thames trip. 13 nights in total, costing:
- £1,695 per person for the classic trip
- £2,390 per person for the luxury trip