End to end is Britain's epic cycling tour, starting from Land's End in Cornwall and finishing at John O' Groats in Scotland, covering the 3 countries of England, Wales and Scotland. The journey - between the furthermost points of the UK shows you the astounding variety of landscapes within our small island and the characterful differences in architecture, land use and dialect.
The Carter Company version of this tour is unique. We recognise it is epic in terms of physical effort - 54,000 ft of ascent - and so a little more in line with our ethos of 'gentle' cycling, we include E bikes for this trip so you can fully appreciate the gems along the way and have time to stop and stare. Our route is also unusual as it strives to give you as much traffic free cycling as possible and takes you on very few main roads whilst aiming to include local features such as moors in Devon, canals in Somerset, lakes in the Lake District and passes and lochs in Scotland. We also largely avoid big conurbations and so total distance is 1,134 miles of astonishing adventure.
- Price from
- Classic £4,350 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Extras included
- There are no extras, however you’ll love what’s included as standard
- 15 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts daily from Land's End
- Classic A mix of small hotels, inns and a few B&Bs
- Activity level
- Not so gentle cycling. More info...
- This tour is priced without a guide and you are free to explore on your own. If you would like a guide for part or all of your trip, we are happy to provide a knowledgeable, local guide
- Electric bikes
- 14 days of cycling 70 - 95 miles (112 - 152 km) per day
- Everything from flat to steep hills
- Much of it; very few main roads and the rest low traffic
- Also available as a longer tour over 22 nights with 21 days of cycling £5,590 pp
- Optional days off anywhere along the route
- Upgraded accommodation available