Discover Piedmont in Italy's north-west, a region with a rich culture and complex history dating back to pre-Roman times. Once the capital of the Kingdom of Savoy and then of Italy, the region's capital Torino/Turin sits at the heart of the region and has a wealth of palaces, Royal Residences, art galleries and museums, set amongst baroque piazzas and arcades. The region's small villages and towns have a wealth of little known history and architecture that provide a fascinating backdrop to the beautiful lands of Langhe and Roero with their leading red wines, Barolo and Barbera, together with stunning truffles and cheeses. This is a tour of real contrasts: a city filled with baroque palaces, hilltop villages boasting baroque churches, castles and piazzas and a beautiful landscape of rolling hills and vineyards.
- Price from
- Luxury £1,680 per person based on two people sharing a room. Some hotels may also require you to pay a local city tax
- Extras included
- Transfer to and from Turin/Torino airport. See what’s included as standard
- 7 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts daily April to November 2018 and is circular from Turin/Torino
- Luxury Specifically chosen for their elegance, Hotel Victoria in Turin, the Somaschi Hotel in Cherasco and the Corte Gondina in Alba near La Morra, offer an opportunity to relax, taste delicious food and enjoy the surrounding region
- Activity level
- Gentle cycling (2) More info...
- This tour is priced without a guide and you are free to explore on your own. If you would like a guide for part or all of your trip, we are happy to provide a knowledgeable, local guide
- Electric bikes
- 5 days of cycling of between 6 and 15 miles per day with an optional 25 miles on Day Two
- Flat with rolling hills on two days
- A mixture of cycle paths and smaller roads