On this unique journey from the south coast at Dover to the very heart of London, the richness of England's history and the variety and charm of the English way of life will unravel before you.
Much of the route follows the ancient Saxon shoreline and merchant voyages so it contains old ports, smuggling, maritime history, castles, beaches and oysters all feature. So do the churches and settlements established by the early settlers and pilgrims. Add to those a sunny and sheltered landscape whose bountiful fruit and vegetable farms earn it the description of 'The Garden of England' and your adventure to the outskirts of London will be a fascinating one. The finale of the tour leads you right into the heart of London along the traffic free banks of the River Thames, past the old warehouses and docks and the trendy new city developments.
- Price from
- Classic £1,290 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Luxury £1,985 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Extras included
- There are no extras, however you’ll love what’s included as standard
- 7 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts daily with a transfer service from Dover Train Station or Ferry Port; finishes London
- Classic Small hotels, a village inn, a b&b and a superbly situated hotel near the London Eye
- Luxury A 5 star hotel in central London with characterful and historic 3 and 4 star hotels and inns
- Activity level
- Gentle cycling (1) More info...
- This tour is priced without a guide and you are free to explore on your own. If you would like a guide for part or all of your trip, we are happy to provide a knowledgeable, local guide
- Electric bikes
- 5 days of cycling 17 - 26 miles (27 - 41 km) per day
- Flat with an occasional slope on days 5 and 6
- Very largely
- Additional nights in London
- Extend your ride to Windsor by taking our Windsor and Hampton Court Trip