The Algarve, Portugal’s southernmost region, is known for its year round sunshine and wonderful coastline along which beaches are strung out embellished with coves, caves, dramatic cliffs and sea-carved archways and offshore sand strips are reachable by boat.
Perhaps lesser known are the many listed Natural Parks, salt pans old and new, extraordinary bird life and centuries old traditions. Culinary skills remain a proud tradition and the seafood is to die for. Groves of oranges and almonds and acres of vines and pines clothe undulating inland areas. The Moorish influence is never far away in the architectural details of the ancient towns and Portugal's legacy as a nation of discovery pops up here and there not least in its whitewashed villages.
This bike tour weaves it way through this fascinating area, from the Spanish border in the east to the southern most point of Europe at Cabo de São Vicente in the west, cleverly revealing the authentic Algarve and neatly avoiding the misgivings of tourism. We especially love the boutique hotels we have picked for you where excellent service sits high with their fine style and a unique touch at every stay.
- Price from
- Luxury £1,480 per person based on two people sharing a room. March, Nov and Dec; £1680 April, May and Oct; £1980 June to Sept
- Extras included
- Transfers to and from Faro airport. See what’s included as standard
- 7 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts daily except January and February and is circular from Faro. The tour is available in January and February but with classic hotels at some of the stops at a reduced price. Please email us for prices.
- Luxury 7 unique luxury stays including a former palace,16th Century convent, 2 chic modern hotels, an early 20th Century mansion and a rural and beach side hotel
- Activity level
- Not so gentle cycling. More info...
- This tour is priced without a guide and you are free to explore on your own. If you would like a guide for part or all of your trip, we are happy to provide a knowledgeable, local guide
- Electric bikes
- 6 days of cycling 16 - 29 miles (25-47 km)
- Gentle slopes to start and some hills on the last 2 days
-stay a 2nd night at any of the stops to relax and enjoy the wonderful hotels