This is a truly fascinating trip that explores the World Heritage listed Curonian Spit in Lithuania. Blessed with stunning sandy beaches, remarkable dunes and a timeless landscape of pine forests and traditional fishing villages, this unique area also includes the first official cycle route in the country. The spit is a loved holiday destination and as such features some delightful small towns and characterful hotels. Crossing the lagoon that separates the spit from mainland Lithuania, the tour includes the historic town of Klaipeda with its Old Town charm and the traditional seaside resort of Palanga. Alongside this, you will experience traditional Lithuanian country life as you pedal through meadows, villages, forests and deltas, often protected because of their unspoilt nature, and their unique birdlife and location. The cafes, restaurants and hotels you will visit offer traditional dishes and excellent hospitality. Prepare to be charmed and surprised by Lithuania.
The cycling is wonderfully flat, very scenic and has little traffic. With its relaxed itinerary, the trip is very suitable for families.
- Price from
- Classic £690 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Extras included
- Transfer to/from Palanga or Vilnius airport. See what’s included as standard
- 7 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts Saturdays and Sundays (with a slightly amended itinerary) from 25 May to 8 September 2019 and is circular from Klaipeda. Available on any day May to September if 4 people travelling. Klaipeda is a short distance from Palanga airport which has direct flights with Wizz Air and Ryanair from London Luton, Stansted and Glasgow airports from the UK. Or is a 3 hour express bus ride from Vilnius and Kaunas airports which also have direct flights from the UK.
- Classic A renovated mill and characterful hotels in central locations
- Activity level
- Gentle cycling (1) More info...
- This tour is priced without a guide and you are free to explore on your own. If you would like a guide for part or all of your trip, we are happy to provide a knowledgeable, local guide
- Electric bikes
- 5 days of cycling 16 - 26 miles (26 - 42 km) per day and 1 day of optional cycling.
- Pretty flat with the occassional dune
- 70 % very low traffic on the rest