William Shakespeare is widely considered to be the greatest dramatist of all time. His 37 plays feature inspired plots, remarkable poetry, brilliant insights into human character and a very creative use of the English language. 2016 marked the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare's death.
In celebration of his legacy, we decided to create our Shakespeare's Way cycling holiday, so you can pedal the route that the poet perhaps took on his journeys between the Globe Theatre in London, where most of his plays were first performed to public acclaim and his home in Stratford-upon-Avon, where his wife Anne Hathaway and his children lived. Discover along the way the places and people featuring in Shakespeare's life and works. Leave the heart of London following the River Thames and travel through the beautiful countryside of the Chilterns and the Cotswolds passing some of England 's finest attractions - London, Hampton Court, Windsor, Oxford, Blenheim Palace and Stratford-upon-Avon. This was Shakespeare's way.
- Price from
- Classic £1,880 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Luxury £2,485 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Extras included
- A tour of Shakespeare's Globe Theatre in London and entry to the 5 Shakespeare houses in Stratford on Avon. See what’s included as standard
- 7 nights
- Start & Finish
- Classic tour starts Sundays, luxury tour starts Saturdays and finishes Stratford on Avon.
- Classic Two historic riverside inns, a village pub, and three centrally located hotels
- Luxury Two 5 star, one 4 star and one 3 star hotel (our classic choice), a restaurant with rooms and a boutique hotel
- Activity level
- Not so gentle cycling. More info...
- This tour is priced without a guide and you are free to explore on your own. If you would like a guide for part or all of your trip, we are happy to provide a knowledgeable, local guide
- Electric bikes
- 5 days of cycling 29 - 43 miles (46 - 69 km) per day and one day of optional cycling
- A few hills
- 20%; very low traffic on the rest
- Additional nights in London and Stratford on Avon
- Shakespeare Theatre tickets for Stratford on Avon and London