Wales: famous for its rugged coastline, three mountainous National Parks, distinctive language and Celtic culture. But it offers so much more than that, as you will discover on this small group guided cycling tour.
Aimed at the leisure cyclist, much of the cycling on this holiday is traffic-free, using old railway lines with gentle gradients on the whole, and features relatively short distances each day. With van support for the entire trip, routes have been carefully planned to start at altitude and run downhill and so there are remarkably few hills to pedal up, given the terrain. With your driver-guide at the helm this is a wonderful way to explore Wales.
The itinerary includes cycling in the Brecon Beacons; the Pembrokeshire and Ceredigion coasts; the valleys of the Wye, Yswyth, Teifi and Mawddach rivers; and the Cambrian Mountains, which means a great variety of landscapes... sea and mountains, peaks and beaches, estuaries and forests. Spot wildlife in abundance, discover age-old traditions in the slate and woollen industries and visit castles famous and derelict. You can also Relive a Welsh poet’s love affair with the landscape, travel along an astonishing canal, witness beauty beyond measure and relish a dramatic rack-and-pinion train ride to the summit of Mount Snowdon. We could go on...It's a real Welsh adventure!
Image credits: © Crown copyright (2016) Visit Wales
- Price from
- Classic £1,990 per person based on two people sharing a room. This tour is subject to a minimum number of six people but it can be tailored for less should you require it
- Extras included
- Dinner on days 1 and 8, boat trip around Ramsay Island and a ride on the Snowdon Mountain railway. See what’s included as standard
- 8 nights
- Start & Finish
- The tour starts in Brecon Thursdays and finishes in Caernarfon. Both towns are on the railway network.
- Classic Small characterful hotels set in the towns; one country hotel
- Activity level
- Not so gentle cycling (5) More info...
- Guided tour
- This tour is priced with a knowledgeable, local guide and you will be part of a group
- Electric bikes
- Available by prior request.
- 7 days of cycling 12 - 27 miles (19 - 44 km) per day
- A limited number of short but steep hills