This tour combines a three night stay in London with idyllic walking in the Cotswolds and exploring Shakespeare's world in Stratford - three contrasting pictures of quintessential England. London needs little introduction, and we hope that with our suggestions for exploring the city, you will uncover the real, authentic London.
The Cotswolds are designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with mellow wolds or hills intersected by gurgling rivers. This gives a tapestry of picture postcard villages, honey coloured stone cottages and sheep clad slopes dusted with beech woods. Walking the leafy footpaths and staying in characterful Bourton-on-the-Water (or Lower Slaughter on the luxury tour), Winchcombe and Broadway, you will experience rural England at its very best. And with your final night in Stratford, the home of Shakespeare, what more could you ask of England?
- Price from
- Classic £1,285 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Luxury £2,180 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Extras included
- Train transfer from London to Kingham and from Stratford-on-Avon to London. Entry to Shakespeare's 5 houses in Stratford. See what’s included as standard
- 7 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts Fridays and is circular from London
- Classic 3 nights accommodation in a central London hotel and in the Cotswolds, small hotels a village inn and a restaurant with rooms
- Luxury 3 nights accommodation in a 5 star central London hotel, and 4 nights in the Cotswolds in a boutique hotel, a 15th Century inn and two 4 star hotels
- Activity level
- Not so gentle walking. More info...
- This tour is priced without a guide and you are free to explore on your own. If you would like a guide for part or all of your trip, we are happy to provide a knowledgeable, local guide
- 3 days of walking 7 - 12 miles (11 - 20 km) per day
- Additional nights in Stratford or London