This walk and river boat trip is a wonderfully relaxed way of experiencing the Thames. Each day you board a river boat (ticket included) and float downstream to your next destination. There you have an enviable choice for you can pull on your walking boots and enjoy the best local route we know through the surrounding countryside and along the river or you can revel in the slow pace and just potter about to your heart's content. Each overnight stay is a few minutes walk from the boat pier of these historic towns with riverside cafes, tempting museums and celebrated landmarks claiming your attention.
This is such a great way to discover the sights, sounds and smells of quintessential England for the river threads its way through sleepy rural villages, pretty landscapes and through the heart of bustling historic towns such as Oxford, Henley and Windsor. Royalty and history beckon, whilst water meadows, old inns, wildlife and weirs lead you serenely on your adventure.
- Price from
- Classic £875 per person for 5 nights based on two people sharing a room or £1,230 per person for 7 nights based on two people sharing a room
- Luxury £1,450 per person for 5 nights based on two people sharing a room or £2,090 per person for 7 nights based on two people sharing a room
- Extras included
- There are no extras, however you’ll love what’s included as standard
- 5 or 7 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts Saturdays from Oxford. Finishes Henley (5 night tour) or Windsor (7 night tour). Available to start between 13th July and 17th August 2019.
- Classic All accommodation is land based with centrally located hand picked hotels and inns and 1 b&b
- Luxury All accommodation is land based with a characterful and historic 4 and 5 star hotels and a coaching inn
- Activity level
- Gentle walking. More info...
- This tour is priced without a guide and you are free to explore on your own. If you would like a guide for part or all of your trip, we are happy to provide a knowledgeable, local guide
- 5 or 7 days of optional walking 3 - 9 miles (5 - 14 km) per day with 4 or 6 river boat cruises 1 - 4 hours per day
- Essentially flat but with some gentle hills
- Additional nights in Oxford, Henley and Windsor
- Continue on to London with our Meanders on the lower Thames trip