What could be more Dutch than to live aboard a traditional barge and tootle about on a bike through the lowlands where everything's an art form? Freewheel through the fields and polders immortalised in the works of the Dutch masters en route to Antwerp, the city of Rubens. Windmills appear as sculptures. Medieval art inspires in Ghent. Flemish waterways charm with their beauty. Ancient buildings beg to be explored. Canals hum with cafe life. From Amsterdam to Bruges, its a work of art.
To this, we add wonderful flexibility. You can choose to cycle self guided on your own with route directions or be led by the guide with your fellow guests. Most days offer a choice of cycling distances and some evenings there are optional city walks. Any day you can opt to stay on board and chill out. Your guide briefs you each morning, cycles the whole route and shares his knowledge as he leads you through the treasures of these art cities. It's a masterpiece in every sense!
- Price from
- Luxury £995 per person based on two people sharing a room. On some sailings upgrade to: A premium cabin for an extra £180.00 per person /// OR /// An upper deck suite for an extra £270.00 per person
- Extras included
- Breakfast each day, picnic lunch on 6 days and a 3 course dinner on 6 days. Tea and coffee are also available until 4pm daily. See what’s included as standard
- 7 nights
- Start & Finish
- Sailings start Saturdays from Amsterdam and finish in Bruges or start Saturdays from Bruges and finish in Amsterdam. 2017 Sailings Available: May 6, 13, 20 and 27. June 3,10,17 and 24. July 1
- Luxury Boat I, which was beautifully renovated in 2010, has 17 ensuite cabins each with a porthole, air conditioning and flat screen TV. The 4 premium twin cabins are slightly larger in size and offer a small sitting area. On the upper deck, there is a tastefully furnished salon with a restaurant, bar, lounge with widescreen TV, large windows and Wi-Fi (limited data use), as well as two teak sun decks with chairs, tables and a jacuzzi. /// Boat II is the same size but is brand new. The lower deck has 14 ensuite cabins, each with a porthole, air conditioning, flat screen satellite-TV and Wi-Fi. 1 of these is a slightly larger premium twin, with a small sitting area. The upper deck has 4 elegant and spacious suites featuring a 2 meter wide window, air conditioning, flat screen satellite-TV, Wi-Fi and a cosy seating area. On the upper deck there is also a tastefully furnished salon with restaurant, bar, lounge with wide screen TV, large windows and Wi-Fi (limited use of data). The big windows offer an exceptional view of the landscape. The sliding doors in the lounge open up in good weather and providing access to the partly covered teak wooden sun deck with chairs and tables. /// For images of the boats, click through to the itinerary page.
- Activity level
- Gentle cycling (1) More info...
- Electric bikes
- 7 days of optional cycling 9 - 30 miles (15 - 50 km) per day. Bike hire is included. Helmets are also available
- Additional nights in Amsterdam and Bruges
- Book a 1 hour Amsterdam canal boat trip. Lugagge can be left on the boat from 9.30am on your arrival day