This fantastic tour, offered for a limited time only during the Spring months, is the ideal excuse for flower lovers to visit Holland. The spring tulips in Holland really are a sight to behold.
A five day bike and barge excursion, you'll get the chance to experience tulip season in full bloom, with visits to Keukenhof's immense flower park and the world-famous flower market in Aalsmeer. There's also Holland's rich cultural heritage to explore, with many unique museums, boutique shops and of the course the charming canal network in the heart of Amsterdam, which was recently added to the UNESCO Cultural World Heritage list. You'll be staying on board a traditional Dutch barge, selected for its exceptional service, delicious meals and comfortable accommodation, as it makes its way from Amsterdam to Zaandam, Haarlem, Kudelstaart and more, docking for guided bike rides to various sites of interest and city tours. Any day you can opt to stay on board and relax rather than climbing onto your bike, so there's plenty of flexibility, making this an ideal choice for families with varying energy levels!
Please note: during Easter weekend the flower auction in Aalsmeer is closed. A boat tour of the canals in Amsterdam will be on offer instead.
- Price from
- Luxury £920 per person based on two people sharing a room. On Boat I and II premium cabin upgrade is available at an additional £155 per person; on Boat II Upper Deck Suites are available at an additional £260
- Extras included
- Breakfast each day, 3 picnic lunches and 4 three course dinners. Tea and coffee are also available until 4pm daily. See what’s included as standard
- 4 nights
- Start & Finish
- Circular from Amsterdam with 2018 departures: Boat I - March 25, 29; April 2, 6, 10, 14, 18, 22 // Boat II - March 27, 31; April 4; Boat III - April 3, 7, 11, 15, 23
- Luxury Boat I has 16 ensuite cabins each with a porthole, air conditioning and flat screen TV. The 4 premium twin cabins are slightly larger in size and offer a small sitting area. On the upper deck, there is a tastefully furnished salon with a restaurant, bar, lounge with widescreen TV, large windows and Wi-Fi (limited data use), as well as two teak sun decks with chairs, tables and a jacuzzi. /// Boat II is the same size but is brand new. The lower deck has 14 ensuite cabins, each with a porthole, air conditioning, flat screen satellite-TV and Wi-Fi. 1 of these is a slightly larger premium twin, with a small sitting area. The upper deck has 4 elegant and spacious suites featuring a 2 meter wide window, air conditioning, flat screen satellite-TV, Wi-Fi and a cosy seating area. On the upper deck there is also a tastefully furnished salon with restaurant, bar, lounge with wide screen TV, large windows and Wi-Fi (limited use of data). The big windows offer an exceptional view of the landscape. The sliding doors in the lounge open up in good weather and providing access to the partly covered teak wooden sun deck with chairs and tables. /// Boat III has 21 cabins, 16 on the Lower Deck (14 regular twin cabins plus 2 single cabins) and 5 on the Upper Deck (deck suites with a small sitting area and large windows). On the Upper Deck is located the spacious salon, two screens and large doors open to the partially roofed sundeck. On the Top Deck are the whirlpool/jacuzzi and deckchairs to relax. ///For images of the boats, click through to the itinerary page.
- Activity level
- Gentle cycling (1) More info...
- Electric bikes
- Upgrade fee £50.00
- 3 days of optional cycling 6 - 25 miles (9 - 40 km) per day. Bike hire is included. Helmets are also available
- Additional nights in Amsterdam.