On this unique journey from the south coast of Kent at Dover to Canterbury, the rich history of England unravels before you.
Maritime history abounds in this voyage. There are old ports, smuggling, and castles with beaches and oysters also featuring. Churches and settlements established by the early settlers and pilgrims are very much in evidence. Add to those a sunny and sheltered landscape whose bountiful fruit and vegetable farms earn it the description of 'The Garden of England' and your adventure will be a fascinating one.
- Price from
- Classic £685 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Luxury £1,210 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Extras included
- Dinner at Reads (luxury tour). See what’s included as standard
- 4 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts daily with a transfer service from Dover Ferry Port or Dover station and finishes in Canterbury
- Classic Small hotels and old inns in central locations
- Luxury 4 highly individual hotels in historic buildings with exceptional restaurants
- Activity level
- Gentle cycling (2) More info...
- Electric bikes
- 4 days of cycling 10 -19 miles (16 - 30 km) per day
- Flat with an occasional slope on day 5
- Very largely
- Additional nights in Canterbury