This is a unique weekend break which combines glorious walking in The Chilterns, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, with a chocolate-making lesson at the famous artisan Rumsey's Chocolaterie. Rumsey's is a local favourite of The Carter Company, and we are excited to present this joint collaboration which showcases what we think are the best of things to see and do in The Chilterns.
Arrive on Friday evening in Wendover, and head to the Red Lion hotel where you will meet your host and receive your route directions. Set off on Saturday morning on a stunning and varied circular walk through the Chilterns. Take in majestic hilltop views, shaded paths through beechwoods, chalk escarpments and rich agricultural land, and make a pit stop at one of our favourite cosy pubs in this area, The Bernard Arms. On your return to Wendover, enjoy a traditional afternoon tea at Rumsey’s and indulge in some of their delicious cakes.
On Sunday morning, you will be transferred to Thame to attend a Rumsey's chocolate making lesson. We will transfer back to Wendover on Sunday evening to pick up your luggage and catch your return train home, or you can depart directly from Thame if travelling by car.
- Price from
- Classic £345 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Extras included
- 1.5 hour chocolate figurine making course. See what’s included as standard
- 2 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts on Friday evenings and ends on Sunday afternoons
- Classic A charming 16th-century coaching inn with stylish period rooms, plus a traditional bar and British restaurant
- Activity level
- Gentle walking. More info...
- 9 miles (15km)
- Hilly in parts
- 100% apart from short section at start