What with the fairytale charm of the Baroque city of Salzburg, the unparalleled natural beauty of the Austrian Lakes area and the magnificent castle and manor house hotels where you will stay, this cycling holiday is a real adventure.
Riding with a backdrop of majestic mountains is always breath taking and with thousands of years of cultural history adding to the mystical aura exuded by the pristine lakes of the Salzkammergut, you become part of the stunning story. Immerse yourself in each of the valleys' own traditions, wonderful food and heart felt hospitality. Truly, the best of Austria!
- Price from
- Luxury £1,095 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Extras included
- GPS route directions, two boat trips (on Attersee and Hallstätter See) and a train ride (Traunsee to Hallstätter See). See what’s included as standard
- 7 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts daily and is circular from Salzburg. Tours run from 21st of April to 6th of October, 2019
- Luxury 4 star castle and manor house hotels
- Activity level
- Not so gentle cycling. More info...
- This tour is priced without a guide and you are free to explore on your own. If you would like a guide for part or all of your trip, we are happy to provide a knowledgeable, local guide
- Electric bikes
- 6 days of cycling 19 - 38 miles (30 - 60 km) per day
- 25% is flat and the rest has slopes of varying steepness
- 25% traffic free with very light traffic on the rest of the route
- Additional nights in Salzburg and enroute at any of the hotels