Lying on England’s rugged southwestern tip, Cornwall captivates with its dramatic cliffs and coves, its intriguing tales of smuggling and mining, the myriad of steep villages rising from the sea and the vibrant art and culinary finds around every twisting corner. And you will be beguiled too as you pedal our Captivating Cornwall tour around the coast from St Ives and Padstow on the north coast to the Lizard peninsula and Eden Project on the south.
The terrain, particularly on the coast, is very steep but our inclusion of E bikes makes this cycling holiday one we are so delighted to offer, enabling you all to enjoy this captivating blend of history, panorama and greenery. Coast by eye watering seafood, over deep estuaries by ferry and along disused railway tracks to a pottery or two. Freewheel past basking seals and sheltered sands to descend into a tin mine, drift through lost and glorious gardens and the film sets of Pilcher, Poldark and Doc Martin, breeze across wild moorland and up twisting village lanes and sail by ancient ports into wonderful vineyards and fascinating art galleries before sinking into a cosy inn at the end of a fabulous day. With stays in 6 coastal retreats from art mecca to fishing harbour and from cliff top to cool foodie hub and stylish waterfront, its not surprising we call it Captivating Cornwall!
- Price from
- Classic £1,700 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Luxury £2,820 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Extras included
- Electric bike and 3 walking transfers if you choose the optional walks. See what’s included as standard
- 8 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts Thursdays April 1st to Oct 31st in St Ives and finishes Rock/Padstow. Newquay airport is 1.5 hours from St Ives and 40 minutes from Rock/Padstow. Penzance rail station is 20 minutes from St Ives and Bodmin Parkway is 40 minutes from Rock/Padstow
- Classic Four inns, a gastro pub and a B&B
- Luxury Two boutique hotels, one 5 star and two 4 star hotels and a boutique B&B
- Activity level
- Not so gentle cycling. More info...
- This tour is priced without a guide and you are free to explore on your own. If you would like a guide for part or all of your trip, we are happy to provide a knowledgeable, local guide
- Electric bikes
- 7 days of cycling 20-32 miles (32 or 52 km) per day with 2 optional days of walking
- Steep hills every day
- Stay an additional night at any stop and walk the coast path
- Fly to the Scilly Isles on day 3
- Take a guided tour and tasting at Camel Valley, Cornwall’s largest wine producer at 5pm on Wednesday and Thursday evenings lasting 1.5 hours
- Take a tutored tasting and guided tour at Knightor Winery close to the Eden Project on Thursdays and Sundays at 12. Sunday lunch is available afterwards