This spectacular journey takes you from the beaches and estuaries in north Devon to the stunning south coast of Devon at Plymouth. Ride beside the sea, through lush green valleys, touch the edge of Dartmoor National Park and enjoy gorgeous scenery and grand views. Pedal along former railway lines, through tunnels and across breathtaking viaducts and bridges. Enroute you will discover magical villages and cream teas you can't resist. Essentially rural but peppered with characterful towns, we have designed the tour with a leisurely tempo, balancing mileages and slopes to ensure as gentle a cycle each day as possible - that's the way we like to do things. And of course, every night you'll relax in our hand picked guesthouses and hotels.
Much of this route is traffic free as it slices through Devon from the north to the south. It includes the bike paths of the Tarka Trail, the Granite Way and the Plym Valley.
- Price from
- Classic £1,095 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Extras included
- Return to Barnstaple at the end of your trip. See what’s included as standard
- 6 nights
- Start & Finish
- The holiday starts on any day except Thursdays with Barnstaple as the base. By train, Barnstaple is 4 hours from London Paddington
- Classic Two small hotels, an inn on the edge of Dartmoor National Park, a b&b in Tavistock and a village inn
- Activity level
- Gentle cycling (5) More info...
- This tour is priced without a guide and you are free to explore on your own. If you would like a guide for part or all of your trip, we are happy to provide a knowledgeable, local guide
- Electric bikes
- 4 days of cycling and 1 day of optional cycling 15 -26 miles (24 - 42 km) per day
- A few slopes on most days
- Take the ferry from Plymouth to Roscoff and continue cycling the Velodyssey route in France
- Stay an additional night in Plymouth and spend a day cycling in Cornwall or walking the Cornish coastal path