This holiday gives you a comprehensive look at the villages and estuaries of the New Forest National Park, the outstanding coast of Dorset and the isles of Wight and Purbeck and is a real treat.
The forests, heaths and pasturland of the New Forest provide the back drop for the first few days as you ride to Brockenhurst and on to Beaulieu and Lymington. Here is a wealth of maritime history to explore before you cross to the Isle of Wight and continue the wonderful traffic free pedalling which shapes much of this trip. Back on the mainland, the itinerary leads you along quays and cliffs with sand spit and beach side cycling and a couple of ferry crossings to the loved Isle of Purbeck. Not an island proper, but rather a tucked away chalky coastal corner of Dorset, you can enjoy its unspoilt beaches and inland its woods, rural charms and the small characterful town of Wareham. The trip offers huge variety with time to enjoy the many diversions on offer.
- Price from
- Classic £1,360 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Luxury £2,390 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Extras included
- Return ferry to the Isle of Wight on Day 4. See what’s included as standard
- 8 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts Wednesdays and is circular from Burley. Burley is a short taxi ride from Brockenhurst station which is 1.5 hours from London by train. It is also close to Bournemouth airport
- Classic Village inns, small hotels and a delightful b&b
- Luxury 3 boutique hotels and 2 country house hotels
- Activity level
- Gentle cycling (1) More info...
- This tour is priced without a guide and you are free to explore on your own. If you would like a guide for part or all of your trip, we are happy to provide a knowledgeable, local guide
- Electric bikes
- 5 days of cycling 15 - 24 miles (24 - 38 km) per day and 2 days of optional cycling
- Extend your ride to Stonehenge and Salisbury by taking our Complete New Forest Experience