The New Forest National Park lies at the heart of this trip with its vast forests, heaths and pasture-land where deer, ponies, and pigs have the right to roam. Tucked into the peaceful landscape are pretty villages and charming estuaries where maritime history abounds. And just off the coast lies the delightfully English Isle of Wight.
Using awesome gravel tracks through the forest and disused railway lines, much of this tour is free of traffic and leaves plenty of time to explore. Discover: forest life and villages at Burley, Brockenhurst and Beaulieu with its fine estate and Motor Museum, maritime delights at Buckler’s Hard and Lymington, the Isle of Wight experience and the charms of Yarmouth where your ferry arrives. You'll be very tempted to return!
- Price from
- Classic £890 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Luxury £1,280 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Extras included
- Return ferry to the Isle of Wight on Day 4. See what’s included as standard
- 5 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts Sundays and is circular from Burley. Burley is a short taxi ride from Brockenhurst station which is 1.5 hours from London by train. It is also close to Bournemouth airport
- Classic Centrally located hand picked hotels and inns
- Luxury 2 quite charming boutique hotels and a country house hotel
- Activity level
- Gentle cycling (1) More info...
- Electric bikes
- 3 days of cycling 13 - 20 miles (21 - 32 km) per day and 1 day of optional cycling
- 70% very low traffic on the rest
- Extend the tour to include the Dorset coast by taking our 8 night trip - Isles, Coast and the New Forest
- Extend the tour to Salisbury and Stonehenge by adding our 5 night trip - New Forest and Stonehenge