This is a very leisurely holiday designed for you to fully enjoy the notable food and wines of the area, the many chateaux, the sun, swimming pools and the considerable history and charm of the region. Bordeaux itself is a great start and finale to the tour with its people friendly streets, markets and great food culture.
Bordeaux and St Emilion are both World Heritage listed and in between lies a landscape of deep valleys and vineyards, tiny hamlets and quiet country lanes, wine cellars and grand chateaux, fortified towns and country markets and games of boules in the village square. The tradition of local produce served simply with great wine has led to the pleasure of dining slowly. With gentle gradients and shortish distances we certainly haven't spoilt the fun.
- Price from
- Classic £930 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Extras included
- There are no extras, however you’ll love what’s included as standard
- 7 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts daily from 30 March to 15 October and is circular from Bordeaux. Bordeaux airport is 25 minutes from the city centre and has regular flights from many UK ariports. Bergerac airport is 1 hour away by train. Bordeaux can be reached by train from Paris - 3 hours by TGV or from Lille without the need to change trains in Paris
- Classic A 3 star hotel, a small chambre d'hotes, chateaux with swimming pool and a boutique hotel
- Activity level
- Gentle cycling (1) More info...
- This tour is priced without a guide and you are free to explore on your own. If you would like a guide for part or all of your trip, we are happy to provide a knowledgeable, local guide
- Electric bikes
- Not available
- 5 days of cycling 12 - 20 miles (19 - 32 km) per day and 1 day of optional cycling
- Gentle slopes
- 20% very low traffic on the rest
- Additional nights in Bordeaux