A stunning nine day cycling tour from Amsterdam to Maastricht that takes in the beautiful and varied landscape of the Southern Netherlands, its medieval architecture, farmlands, forests, canals and the Dutch Golden Age, staying at beautifully located handpicked hotels, a tour that sweeps you through the Southern Netherlands' impressive history and its Burgundian way of life that in many ways resembles southern Europe. Starting off with typical Dutch lowlands with its canals, lakes, windmills and watermills, admiring how the Dutch have reclaimed environmentally so much of their land, you will finish your tour in the southernmost part of the Netherlands with its fabulous hills, caves and castles. Each town you pass through, Haarlem, Delft, Dordrecht, Den Bosch, Eindhoven, Roermond, Elsloo, Maastricht....has its own charm and character, its personality reflected in its architecture, fine museums, restaurants and cafes, and its people.
- Price from
- Luxury £2,780 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Extras included
- There are no extras, however you’ll love what’s included as standard
- 9 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts Amsterdam and finishes Maastricht
- Luxury Three 5* star hotels, two 4* star and three 'boutique' hotels, including a Castle
- Activity level
- Not so gentle cycling. More info...
- This tour is priced without a guide and you are free to explore on your own. If you would like a guide for part or all of your trip, we are happy to provide a knowledgeable, local guide
- Electric bikes
- Nine days of cycling 21 to 42 miles (33 km to 68 km) per day
- Flattish with a few slopes
- Extend the tour with additional nights in Amsterdam or any of the stops en route.