What could be more Dutch than to live aboard a traditional barge and tootle about on a bike through the lowlands where everything's an art form? Freewheel through the fields and polders immortalised in the works of the Dutch masters en route to Antwerp, the city of Rubens. Windmills appear as sculptures. Medieval art inspires in Ghent. Flemish waterways charm with their beauty. Ancient buildings beg to be explored. Canals hum with cafe life. From Amsterdam to Bruges, its a work of art, and you'll be experiencing it up close on two wheels.
To this, we add wonderful flexibility. You can choose to cycle self guided on your own with route directions or be led by the guide with your fellow guests. Most days offer a choice of cycling distances and some evenings there are optional city walks. Any day you can opt to stay on board and relax. Your guide briefs you each morning, cycles the whole route and shares his knowledge as he leads you through the treasures of these art cities. It's a masterpiece in every sense!
- Price from
- Luxury £1,290 per person based on two people sharing a room. On some sailings upgrade to: A premium cabin for an extra £190.00 per person /// OR /// An upper deck suite for an extra £490.00 per person
- Extras included
- Breakfast each day, picnic lunch on 6 days and a 3 course dinner on 6 days. Tea and coffee are also available until 4pm daily. See what’s included as standard
- 7 nights
- Start & Finish
- 2020 Boat I Sailings Available (Amsterdam to Bruges): May 16, 30; June 27; July 11, 25; August 8, 22; September 19 and October 3 // (Bruges to Amsterdam): May 23; June 6; July 4, 18; August 1, 15, 29; September 26 and October 10///2019 Boat II Sailings Available (Amsterdam to Bruges): May 6, 20; June 3, 17; July 15, 29; August 12; September 9, 23; and October 7//(Bruges to Amsterdam): May 13, 27; June 10, 24; July 22; August 5, 19; September 16, 30; and October 14///2019 Boat III Sailings Available (Amsterdam to Bruges): April 25; June 6, 20; July 4, 18; August 15, 29 and September 12, 26; October 10//(Bruges to Amsterdam): June 13, 27; July 11, 25; August 22; September 5, 19 and October 3, 19; Boat IV: Sailings Available (Amsterdam to Bruges): April 29; May 13, 27; July 8, 22; August 5; Sept. 2, 16, 30 // (Bruges to Amsterdam): May 6, 20; June 3; July 15, 29; August 12; Sept. 9, 23 and Oct. 7
- Luxury Boat I has has 15 cabins: 11 twin cabins (approx. 11 M², 2 single beds next to each other), and 4 premium twins (approx. 14 M², 2 single beds next to each other, small sitting area). All cabins have portholes (portholes are fixed for safety reasons), en-suite bathroom, individually regulated air conditioning, flat screen (satellite) TV, a small safe and a hair dryer. On request, an additional bed is available in some twin cabins (above one of the other beds). On the upper deck there is a furnished salon with restaurant, bar, lounge area with wide screen TV, large windows, Wi-Fi (with unlimited data use). Two partly covered teak wooden sun decks with chairs and tables and cycle shed (front deck), and with a whirlpool/Jacuzzi and barbecue on the aft deck. /// Boat II is the same size but is brand new. The lower deck has 13 cabins: 1 premium twin cabin (approx. 13 M² | 139 sq.ft, 2 single beds next to each other and a small sitting area) and 12 twin cabins (approx. 11 M² | 118 sq.ft, 2 single beds next to each other). The upper deck has 4 beautiful suites (approx. 14 M², 2 single beds next to each other, small sitting area) with large panoramic windows. The cabins on the lower deck have portholes (all portholes are fixed for safety reasons), upper deck suites have a 2 meter wide window (one of which can be opened). All cabins have en-suite facilities, individually regulated air conditioning, a flat screen satellite TV, a small safe and a hair dryer. On request, an extra bed is available in 2 twin cabins and 1 upper deck suite (above one of the other beds). The upper deck has a large, furnished salon with a restaurant, bar and a lounge area with a wide screen TV, large windows and Wi-Fi (unlimited use of data). There is a partly covered teak wooden sun deck with chairs and table on the aft deck for the use by guests and a cycle shed (front deck). The barge has a whirlpool/Jacuzzi and deckchairs to relax on Top deck for beautiful views around. /// Boat III has 21 cabins, 16 on the Lower Deck (14 regular twin cabins plus 2 single cabins) and 5 on the Upper Deck (deck suites with a small sitting area and large windows). On the Upper Deck is located the spacious salon, two screens and large doors open to the partially roofed sundeck. On the Top Deck are the whirlpool/jacuzzi and deckchairs to relax. ///For images of the boats, click through to the itinerary page.
- Activity level
- Gentle cycling (1) More info...
- Guided tour
- This tour is priced with a knowledgeable, local guide
- Electric bikes
- 7 days of optional cycling 9 - 30 miles (15 - 50 km) per day. Bike hire is included. Helmets are also available
- Additional nights in Amsterdam and Bruges
- Book a 1 hour Amsterdam canal boat trip. Lugagge can be left on the boat from 9.30am on your arrival day