A superb cycling holiday through the tulip fields of Holland, encompassing Botanical Gardens, antiquities, waterways and windmills, and the 'Dune and Bulb' district with its combination of beaches, flower fields of tulips, hyacinths and daffodils and sixteenth century history. Admire fantastical floats in Flower Festival Week, beautiful casework in the churches of Alkmaar and enjoy a visit to the 'Realm of a Thousand Islands' buying fruit and vegetables at the oldest sail-through auction in the world. Cycle along the shores of the Zuiderzee or Lake IJsselmeer and throughout your tour you will be staying in beautiful boutique hotels, well located, perfect for an idyllic cycling tour through the spring tulips of Holland.
- Price from
- Luxury £1,180 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Extras included
- Train ticket Haarlem to Alkmaar. See what’s included as standard
- 5 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts Leiden and finishes Enkhuizen from March 20th to May 17th, 2019. Hotels do become fully booked, important to book early
- Classic Boutique hotels, mostly 4 star, one 3 star and one B&B
- Activity level
- Gentle cycling (2) More info...
- This tour is priced without a guide and you are free to explore on your own. If you would like a guide for part or all of your trip, we are happy to provide a knowledgeable, local guide
- Electric bikes
- 4 days of cycling 16 to 24 miles (26 km to 38 km) per day