Of all countries, Holland offers the most fabulous gentle cycling for it is wonderfully flat and has an astonishing network of well signed & tarmaced bike paths with traffic lights for cyclists. It also has a stunning mix of heritage rich towns, beautiful coastline, picture postcard countryside and maritime history, especially in north & south Holland where this tour takes place.
Leiden, Haarlem, Alkmaar and Amsterdam are among our all time favourite cities – each unique and brimming with that typical old Dutch character. We have decided to combine them for the ultimate cultural bike holiday. Discover how rural and quiet the countryside can be where windmills, bulb flower fields (in spring!) and polders take the spotlight. More than half of this landscape has been reclaimed from the sea leaving a maze of dykes, locks and colourful waterways and bridges. The tour leads to the dunes on the North Sea coast and the islands and historic villages on the coast of the former Zuiderzee now Lake Ijsselmeer. And then there's Amsterdam - a highlight in itself to be sure, but you will discover many more on this holiday.
The tour has a very relaxed itinerary which coupled with its traffic free and flat cycling makes it an ideal choice for families.
- Price from
- Classic £1,120 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Extras included
- GPS route directions. See what’s included as standard
- 6 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts daily from 1 April to 1 October from Leiden, finishes Amsterdam. From Amsterdam Schipol airport, Leiden is 20 minutes and Amsterdam 15 minutes by very regular direct train
- Classic Very individual and stylish 3 and 4 star hotels providing a continental breakfast everyday
- Activity level
- Gentle cycling (1) More info...
- This tour is priced without a guide and you are free to explore on your own. If you would like a guide for part or all of your trip, we are happy to provide a knowledgeable, local guide
- Electric bikes
- 5 days of cycling 13 - 22 miles (20 - 36 km) per day
- Extend the tour with additional nights in Amsterdam or any of the stops en route. Amsterdam £95 per person per night