This fantastic five day bike and barge excursion, offered for a limited time only during the Spring months, is the ideal excuse for flower lovers to visit Holland. The spring tulips in Holland really are a sight to behold.
You will have the chance to experience tulip season in full bloom, with visits to Keukenhof's immense flower park and the world-famous flower market in Aalsmeer. There's also Holland's rich cultural heritage to explore, with many unique museums, boutique shops and of the course the charming canal network in the heart of Amsterdam, which was recently added to the UNESCO Cultural World Heritage list. You'll be staying on board a traditional Dutch barge, selected for its exceptional service, delicious meals and comfortable accommodation, as it makes its way from Amsterdam to Zaandam, Haarlem, Kudelstaart and more, docking for guided bike rides to various sites of interest and city tours. Any day you can opt to stay on board and relax rather than climbing onto your bike, so there's plenty of flexibility, making this an ideal choice for families with varying energy levels!
Please note: during Easter weekend the flower auction in Aalsmeer is closed. A boat tour of the canals in Amsterdam will be on offer instead.
- Price from
- Luxury £920 per person based on two people sharing a room. On Boat I and II premium cabin upgrade is available at an additional £155 per person; on Boat II Upper Deck Suites are available at an additional £260
- Extras included
- Breakfast each day, 3 picnic lunches and 4 three course dinners. Tea and coffee are also available until 4pm daily. See what’s included as standard
- 4 nights
- Start & Finish
- Circular from Amsterdam with 2018 departures: Boat I - March 25, 29; April 2, 6, 10, 14, 18, 22 // Boat II - March 27, 31; April 4; Boat III - April 3, 7, 11, 15, 23
- Luxury Boat I has has 15 cabins: 11 twin cabins (approx. 11 M², 2 single beds next to each other), and 4 premium twins (approx. 14 M², 2 single beds next to each other, small sitting area). All cabins have portholes (portholes are fixed for safety reasons), en-suite bathroom, individually regulated air conditioning, flat screen (satellite) TV, a small safe and a hair dryer. On request, an additional bed is available in some twin cabins (above one of the other beds). On the upper deck there is a furnished salon with restaurant, bar, lounge area with wide screen TV, large windows, Wi-Fi (with unlimited data use). Two partly covered teak wooden sun decks with chairs and tables and cycle shed (front deck), and with a whirlpool/Jacuzzi and barbecue on the aft deck. /// Boat II is the same size but is brand new. The lower deck has 13 cabins: 1 premium twin cabin (approx. 13 M² | 139 sq.ft, 2 single beds next to each other and a small sitting area) and 12 twin cabins (approx. 11 M² | 118 sq.ft, 2 single beds next to each other). The upper deck has 4 beautiful suites (approx. 14 M², 2 single beds next to each other, small sitting area) with large panoramic windows. The cabins on the lower deck have portholes (all portholes are fixed for safety reasons), upper deck suites have a 2 meter wide window (one of which can be opened). All cabins have en-suite facilities, individually regulated air conditioning, a flat screen satellite TV, a small safe and a hair dryer. On request, an extra bed is available in 2 twin cabins and 1 upper deck suite (above one of the other beds). The upper deck has a large, furnished salon with a restaurant, bar and a lounge area with a wide screen TV, large windows and Wi-Fi (unlimited use of data). There is a partly covered teak wooden sun deck with chairs and table on the aft deck for the use by guests and a cycle shed (front deck). The barge has a whirlpool/Jacuzzi and deckchairs to relax on Top deck for beautiful views around. /// Boat III has 21 cabins, 16 on the Lower Deck (14 regular twin cabins plus 2 single cabins) and 5 on the Upper Deck (deck suites with a small sitting area and large windows). On the Upper Deck is located the spacious salon, two screens and large doors open to the partially roofed sundeck. On the Top Deck are the whirlpool/jacuzzi and deckchairs to relax. ///For images of the boats, click through to the itinerary page.
- Activity level
- Gentle cycling (1) More info...
- Guided tour
- This tour is priced with a knowledgeable, local guide and you will be part of a group
- Electric bikes
- Upgrade fee £50.00
- 3 days of optional cycling 6 - 25 miles (9 - 40 km) per day. Bike hire is included. Helmets are also available
- Additional nights in Amsterdam.