A wonderful weekend break offering a bit of variety - whizzing about on two wheels in the fresh open air one day, chocolate making the next at an artisan chocolaterie Rumsey's. Perfect for couples looking for a romantic weekend break with a difference.
The bike route is absolutely stunning. A circular ride starting and ending in the charming town of Thame, it takes you through glorious Oxfordshire countryside. Much of the route is traffic-free as well, so it's great for groups with children in tow as well.
Your second day leaves the morning free to explore the town of Thame, or if you wish you can hop on your bicycles again for a shorter circular ride. After lunch, head to Rumsey's and take part in a chocolate figurine making lesson. First watch how it's done from the head chef, and then have a go at making your own. Enjoy a Rumsey's hot chocolate while you wait for it to set, and then wrap it up to take home with you. We can vouch for how delicious their chocolate is!
- Price from
- Classic £485 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Extras included
- 1.5 hour chocolate figurine making course. See what’s included as standard
- 2 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts Fridays and is circular from Thame
- Classic A Grade I listed boutique hotel located in the heart of this historic town
- Activity level
- Gentle cycling (1) More info...
- This tour is priced without a guide and you are free to explore on your own. If you would like a guide for part or all of your trip, we are happy to provide a knowledgeable, local guide
- 20 miles (32 km)
- Mainly flat
- 25% using disused railway line