Wander The Wild Atlantic Way by taking the road less travelled for a unique walking holiday on the West Coast of Ireland. Follow in the footsteps of those who have walked these paths over hundreds of years and discover their fascinating stories. Experience the unique scenery and lifestyle of a traditional island community existing on the edge of the Atlantic Ocean, with a boat trip to Inishbofin island. Climb the pilgrim path to the summit of Ireland’s ‘Holy Mountain’, Croagh Patrick, and marvel at the ancient custom of travelling this rocky path barefoot. This is a truly special place and this tour combines the rugged and awesome landscape with some of our favourite luxury hotels and of course the legendary warmth of the people.
- Price from
- Luxury £1,520 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Extras included
- Arrival Transfer from Galway, Westport or Knock to your first hotel. Transfers to and from the start and finish of each day's walk. Return ferry tickets to Inishbofin. Lunch in Leenane Hotel on Day 2 and dinner in Renvyle House on Day 5. See what’s included as standard
- 6 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts daily between April and October, with a transfer from Galway, Westport or Knock Airport to Delphi Valley and finishes at Westport.
- Luxury 4* hotels, manors and an island retreat where a full Irish breakfast is included for you on each morning.
- Activity level
- Not so gentle walking. More info...
- This tour is priced without a guide and you are free to explore on your own. If you would like a guide for part or all of your trip, we are happy to provide a knowledgeable, local guide
- 5 days of walking between 4.5 - 10 miles (7-16 kms) with options on some days
- This trip includes walking on ancient trails, soft ground and rocky pathways; also includes hills, so moderate fitness and stout shoes required.
- Low-traffic back-roads and foot paths
- Take an extra day for some fly fishing on Lough Inagh or kayaking on Killary Fjord.