Set in the heart of Portugal's Algarve region, this unique walking tour through the more remote inland parts of the Algarve enables you to experience the authentic, rural way of life and rich culture of this region with its long held craft skills and delicious traditional dishes, cooked for you by locals. As you travel deep into this unspoilt area you will wind your way through towering cork oak forests and strawberry trees and past rural villages, where kitchen gardens abound. Discover the spectacular scenery of twisting streams, narrow ravines and a landscape embellished with dense Cistus rockrose. Take in the breath-taking views and the slow pace of life whilst loving the sun on your back.
Meeting with the village artisans you will learn how to make rope in the traditional way, why basket making is such a skill and how they produce the local speciality of firewater. Staying with the locals in their homes and guest houses and eating their traditional dishes, you will be immersed in this authentic, unhurried way of life. What a way to unwind!
- Price from
- Classic £990 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Extras included
- Dinner and packed lunches everyday. Craft workshops with local artisans and a local guide to help with translation. Entry to museum, blacksmith and distillery. See what’s included as standard
- 7 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts daily from 1st March to 31st May and from mid-September to 30th November and is circular from Faro
- Classic Rural and local guesthouses
- Activity level
- Not so gentle walking. More info...
- This tour is priced without a guide and you are free to explore on your own. If you would like a guide for part or all of your trip, we are happy to provide a knowledgeable, local guide
- 6 days of walking 7-20km
- Hills and slopes every day