The Lake District is a walker's paradise. With hundreds of walking routes, each with a myriad of variations, it has almost limitless possibilities. Whether you simply want to soak up the scenery from a gentle low-level stroll, or you want to scale the heights of Helvellyn, we can craft the perfect Lake District experience for you. We aim to give you a flavour of this World Heritage Site and include some of our favourite places. However we tailor-make all our Lake District trips to suit you, the customer. What you see on the itinerary page is a sample tour featuring mainly low level walks with a couple of more challenging days, but we suggest you drop us a line or give us a call to discuss your interests, needs, energy levels and more, and we'll put together an itinerary designed especially for you.
Perhaps you're interested in exploring the literary heritage of the Lake District, with its connections to Wordsworth and Beatrix Potter. Maybe you'd like to explore self-guided for a few days and then have a knowledgeable guide to lead you on a more challenging ascent and tell you about the local flora and fauna, history and geography en route. You might want to sample the area's famous haute cuisine restaurants like L'Enclume, or perhaps it's kayaking that tickles your fancy. Whatever it is, we're sure we can create a special Lakeland experience you'll treasure forever.
The prices given below include 7 nights accommodation and breakfast at our choice of classic or luxury hotels, 1 day of guided and 6 days of self-led walking of your chosen distance with all route notes, maps and transfers (for you and your luggage), plus transfers at the start and end of the tour from appropriate railway stations.
Please click on the photos above for more images of this holiday. For further details of your route, see luxury hotel itinerary.
- Price from
- Classic £1,365 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Luxury £2,490 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Extras included
- Return transfers to and from the stations at the start and end of your trip. Return private transfers where needed at the start and end of each days walk. Boat tickets for Day 6 Derwent Water, and Days 7 and 8 Ullswater. See what’s included as standard
- 7 nights - but we can tailor make to suit you.
- Start & Finish
- Start on the day of your choice - prices are based on a Monday start
- Classic 3 characterful and traditional inns, set in ideal locations.
- Luxury 3 of the best hotels in the Lake District set in stunning locations
- Activity level
- Gentle walking (variable from gentle low level walks to more challenging ascents) More info...
- This tour is priced without a guide and you are free to explore on your own. If you would like a guide for part or all of your trip, we are happy to provide a knowledgeable, local guide. We have included one guided day in this itinerary.
- to suit
- Varied; tailor the trip to suit your interests. There's leisurely low-level strolls and taxing high-level ascents, plus everything in between. See the itinerary for examples of sample walks