The Lake District is a walker's paradise. With hundreds of walking routes, each with a myriad of variations, it has almost limitless possibilities. Whether you simply want to soak up the scenery from a gentle low-level stroll, or you want to scale the heights of Scafell Pike, we can craft the perfect Lake District experience for you. So instead of creating a series of 'set' holidays with predetermined routes, we tailor-make all our Lake District trips to suit you, the customer. What you see on the luxury hotel itinerary page is a sample tour, but we suggest you drop us a line or give us a call to discuss your interests, needs, energy levels and more, and we'll put together an itinerary designed especially for you.
Perhaps you're interested in exploring the literary heritage of the Lake District, with its connections to Wordsworth and Beatrix Potter. Maybe you'd like to explore self-guided for a few days and then have a knowledgeable guide to lead you on a more challenging ascent and tell you about the local flora and fauna, history and geography en route. You might want to sample the area's famous haute cuisine restaurants like L'Enclume, or perhaps it's kayaking that tickles your fancy. Whatever it is, we're sure we can create a special Lakeland experience you'll treasure forever.
The sample price given below is illustrative and includes 5 nights accommodation and breakfast at luxury hotels The Gilpin and Sharrow Bay, 2 days of guided and 3 days of self-led walking of your chosen distance with all route notes, maps and transfers (for you and your luggage), plus airport transfers at the start and end of the tour from Manchester Airport.
- Price from
- Luxury £2,560 per person based on two people sharing a room. Includes a guide for days four and five and a packed lunch for each walking day
- Extras included
- Transfer to and from Manchester airport at start and end of holiday. See what’s included as standard
- 5 night minimum - you choose
- Start & Finish
- Starts on the day of your choice. We will transfer you to your first hotel from anywhere in Britain
- Luxury The best hotels in Lakeland set in stunning locations
- Activity level
- Not so gentle walking (To suit) More info...
- This tour is priced without a guide and you are free to explore on your own. If you would like a guide for part or all of your trip, we are happy to provide a knowledgeable, local guide
- To suit
- Varied; tailor the trip to suit your interests. There's leisurely low-level strolls and taxing high-level ascents, plus everything in between. See the itinerary for examples of sample walks