We are thrilled to offer this gentle bike holiday which presents a very unique opportunity to experience the dramatic and beautiful lochs and glens of the Trossachs National Park, whilst cycling on virtually flat and traffic-free terrain. How terrific is that!
The Trossach hills provide a fabulous backdrop to your route, which leads you through stunning wooded glens and beside quiet lochs. Float along the serenely beautiful Loch Katrine on a steamship and pedal along the water's edge of Lochs Katrine and Lubnaig, where little breaks the silence. Spend two nights in the village of Callander at the heart of the Trossachs and two nights in a peaceful glen location, where feasts for real foodies await. Pedal along the dramatic Glen Ogle Pass using the former Callander & Oban railway line, and over the Glen Ogle viaduct, with views to die for. This area of Scotland is known for its beauty, its landscape, its wildlife, and more recently its cuisine, and the hotels we have chosen won't disappoint either.
- Price from
- Classic £720 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Luxury £1,265 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Extras included
- One hour boat ride on the Sir Walter Scott steamship Luxury tour includes a transfer at the start and end of the tour to/from Dunblane station See what’s included as standard
- 4 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts daily from Callander, finishes Kingshouse or Balquhidder. Dunblane is the nearest station and is one hour by train from Glasgow and Edinburgh
- Classic A family run hotel in Callander and a stylish hotel in Kingshouse serving fantastic home-made food
- Luxury A 16th Century manor house hotel on the river and a boutique hotel in a stunning loch-side location
- Activity level
- Gentle cycling (1) More info...
- Electric bikes
- 3 days of cycling 10 - 18 miles (16 - 29 km) per day
- Pretty flat with the odd undulation
- Add an extra night on at the beginning or end of your trip with a stay at the gorgeous Cromlix hotel, which belongs to tennis star Andy Murray, just outside Dunblane
- For classic clients, transfer at start and end of tour to Dunblane station £85