The variety on this walking and cycling tour is wonderful; from the Thames Path and meadows out of Oxford to the dramatic White Horse on the downs and the ancient Ridgeway path. There are pretty Thames hamlets, idyllic villages and Royal Wantage at the foot of the downs, the lone Thames ford and an old railway track to discover on your bike. Take to the hills on foot in between with stunning views, ancient woodlands and the oldest dated chalk figure in England. Enjoy our choice of beautiful villages with delightful accommodation and float back to Oxford aboard a Thames boat.
- Price from
- Classic £760 per person based on two people sharing a room
- 5 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts Sundays and is circular from Oxford
- Classic Centrally located hand picked hotels and inns and a 16th Century farmhouse
- Activity level
- Not so gentle cycling (2) More info...
- Electric bikes
- Cycling mileage: 2 days with 20 to 24 miles (32 - 38 km) per day. Additional mileages available. Walking mileage: 2 days with 10 - 13 miles (16 - 21 km) per day
- Flat cycling with a few undulations. Flat walking with a gentle hill one day and a steep climb to the White Horse on the other day
- About half, very low traffic on the rest for cycling