Set off from San Carlos de Bariloche in Patagonia, Argentina to cross the Andes into Chile on a historic trade route that uses a low pass through the dramatic mountain range. Travelling by bike and boat, this incredible journey has shortish distances and a handful of short, steep climbs very manageable by anyone with an E bike, to take in the stunning landscape – beautiful emerald lakes, four thousand year old forests, snow-capped volcanoes and startling panoramas. Designed to give you time to absorb the peace and beauty of the landscape, enjoy beautiful hotels and scenery, with days off to walk and boat, ‘The crossing of the Andes’ is a gentle but vivid and dramatic way to explore Argentina and Chile.
- Price from
- Luxury £3,900 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Extras included
- Transfer from Bariloche airport to your hotel and from your hotel in Puerto Varas to Puerto Montt airport. See what’s included as standard
- 8 days and 7 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts every day from early November to end of March
- Luxury Beautiful hotels in remote locations overlooking lakes in both Argentina and Chile
- Activity level
- Not so gentle cycling. More info...
- Guided tour
- This tour is priced with a knowledgeable, local guide. The guide is bilingual. In addition you will also have your own support vehicle for the duration of the tour
- Electric bikes
- 5 days of cycling 19 up to 22 miles (30 -35 km) and two days of walking 0.5 up to 15 miles (0.8 to 24 km)
- Back lanes and tracks
- 80% traffic free
- Add on a city stay in Buenos Aires before you fly to Bariloche where this tour starts. We can organise hotels and guides.
- Add on a city stay in Santiago at the end of the tour with a flight from Puerto Montt. We can organise hotels and guides.