The awesome landscapes and fascinating history of the Highlands in Scotland are unique and unparalleled. On this gentle self-guided cycling tour, discover for yourself the details that make this region so beloved by locals and visitors alike. There’s a wonderful variety of scenery, from cultural cities to tiny fishing villages, and gorgeous stretches of countryside in between.
Freewheel along the shores of Loch Ness, stopping as you please en route to catch a glimpse of the elusive Nessie and for a hearty pub lunch at local favourite, The Dores Inn. Immerse yourself in history with a visit to Culloden battlefield, the site of the last full-scale battle to take place on British soil. Learn about the local legends at the castles of Cawdor and Brodie, stuffed to the turrets with antique furniture, paintings and ceramics. Ride through pine forests, past sweeping sandy beaches, under a monumental viaduct, and amidst verdant rolling hills dotted with grazing sheep. Of course, any trip wouldn't be complete without sampling a local whisky at a traditional Scottish distillery en route. It’s all part of the magic of a Highland fling!
- Price from
- Luxury £1,650 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Extras included
- There are no extras, however you’ll love what’s included as standard
- 4 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts daily and is circular from Inverness. Inverness has an airport and the station is 3.5 hours north of Edinburgh. We can also arrange private transfers to/from the airport or from Glasgow or Edinburgh
- Luxury Scotland’s finest – Rocpool Reserve Hotel with its Chez Roux restaurant in Inverness and Boath House Hotel in Nairn, with its Michelin starred restaurant
- Activity level
- Gentle cycling (3) More info...
- This tour is priced without a guide and you are free to explore on your own. If you would like a guide for part or all of your trip, we are happy to provide a knowledgeable, local guide
- Electric bikes
- 3 days of cycling 16 to 27 miles (26 to 43 km) per day with optional additional cycling
- Undulating on day 3, otherwise mostly downhill or flat
- 10 % with the rest on very quiet lanes
- Cycling butler. This tour is offered with the exclusive services of your very own cycling butler. He is on hand to: set up pit stops along the route, with healthy snacks, hot drinks, energy bars, and drinks; mark the route for ease of navigating; transport your wet weather gear and have dry towels on hand; give advice on the best spots to take pictures; pick up any weary cyclists and transfer them to the destination hotel, inform on the latest weather forecasts and arrange services such as a massage at the end of the day. This service is an additional £3,660 based on 2 people.