From the shores of Loch Lomond through to the dramatic lochs and glens of the Trossachs National Park, to Pitlochry in the Highlands and onto Edinburgh, this is a stunning holiday.
The Trossach hills provide a fabulous backdrop to your route, which leads you through stunning wooded glens and beside quiet lochs to the highland town of Pitlochry. Float along the serenely beautiful Loch Katrine aboard a boat and ride along the water's edge of many a loch, where little breaks the silence. Pedal along the dramatic Glen Ogle Viaduct using a former railway line with views to die for. Forests alternate with sheep clad slopes, castles and distilleries where you can stop for a 'wee dram' with isolated hamlets and classic Scottish towns. Feasts for real foodies await too; not only is this area of Scotland known for its beauty, landscape, and wildlife, but more recently its cuisine has come to the fore.
Your cycling adventure ends in Pitlochry; from here you ride the train to Edinburgh and explore this vibrant capital with an overnight stay in the heart of the city.
- Price from
- Classic £1,190 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Luxury £2,645 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Extras included
- Train fare from Pitlochry to Edinburgh. See what’s included as standard
- Classic tour is 7 nights, luxury tour is 8 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts Thursdays from Loch Lomond and finishes Edinburgh. Balloch station is adjacent to Loch Lomond and is 2 hours from Edinburgh and 50 minutes from Glasgow.
- Classic 5 perfectly located small hotels, an inn and city centre B&B in Edinburgh
- Luxury 8 unique hotels - four with 5 stars, three with 4 stars and one 3 star
- Activity level
- Gentle cycling (5) More info...
- Electric bikes
- classic tour: 5 days of cycling 13 - 22 miles (21 - 35 km) per day luxury tour: 6 days of cycling 17 - 27 miles (27 - 43km) per day
- Two flat days, three longish hills and the rest undulating
- 33% traffic free very low traffic on the rest
- Add a night at the start in Glasgow to explore the art, music and architectural scene of Scotland's largest city
- Additional night at Loch Lomond to pedal north along the lochside and return by boat
- Take a day fly fishing on one of the lochs
- Enjoy white water rafting or canyoning in Pitlochry
- Additional nights in Edinburgh with a guided bike tour of the city