This tour covers the land of the Spanish Conquistadors that grew in wealth from the conquest of South America and as a result boasts a string of outstanding settlements rich in history and architecture. Starting from the old castle of Oropesa in West Spain, the tour leads along the south side of the Gredos Mountains in the La Vera region, and visits three beautiful old cities :- Plasencia, Trujillo and Caceres, packed with history and a wealth of charm.
Pedalling on your 'trusty steeds' through a landscape rich in agriculture with excellent wines and long culinary traditions, you can savour the rural life and enjoy the spectacular bird life and beauty of the Monfrague National Park. By including wonderful paradors for your overnight stays, we know you will feel fully embraced in the rich history and charm of this land of the conquistadors.
- Price from
- Luxury £1,185 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Extras included
- Dinner is included each night. See what’s included as standard
- 6 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts daily and is circular from Madrid. Tours run from 1 March to 30 June and from 1 September to 30 November
- Luxury 5 historic paradors located in restored palaces, monasteries and castles. There is a swimming pool in 4 of the hotels and all offer excellent service. Dinner is included each night in the hotel
- Activity level
- Not so gentle cycling. More info...
- This tour is priced without a guide and you are free to explore on your own. If you would like a guide for part or all of your trip, we are happy to provide a knowledgeable, local guide
- Electric bikes
- Available - £95.00 supplement
- 5 days of cycling 24 - 40 miles (38 - 64 km) per day
- Rolling - most days have a few hills
- None - some busy sections of road and one or two with fast moving traffic
- Extend the tour by staying in Madrid. £70.00 per person per night
- Add additional nights enroute at any of the hotels