This tour enables you to discover Spain's cultural and medieval heart. Blessed with natural beauty, great wines and good food, the area abounds in more than just history. From the World Heritage city of Segovia with its Roman aqueduct to the medieval villages and hill top towns and castles, you can unravel the treasures that make Spain such a special place.
The route leads along country lanes through idyllic scenery with the Natural Park of the Guadarrama Mountains in the distance. Enjoy the palace gardens at San Ildefonso and a swim in the natural springs. Pedal through the limestone canyon in the River Duraton Natural Park before reaching your final destination of the medieval town at Sepulveda.
- Price from
- Classic £1,060 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Extras included
- The tour includes a transfer back to Madrid or Madrid Airport at the end of the holiday. See what’s included as standard
- 7 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts daily and is circular from Madrid. Tours run from 1 March to 30 October.
- Classic A 4 star hotel with a pool, a small rural hotel, a charming 18th Century hotel and a 15th Century courtyard hotel
- Activity level
- Gentle cycling (4) More info...
- This tour is priced without a guide and you are free to explore on your own. If you would like a guide for part or all of your trip, we are happy to provide a knowledgeable, local guide
- Electric bikes
- 3 days of cycling 17 - 26 miles (27 - 42 km) per day and 3 days of optional cycling
- Most days have a hill or two
- 10% low traffic on most of the roads
- Extend the tour by staying in Madrid £65 per person per night
- 7 evening meals (3 courses) £185 per person
- Book an electric bike £60