We created this grand tour of England taking in many of its historic sights, to celebrate the 2012 Olympics. Like the games, the trip has been a resounding success. Starting and finishing in Oxford, it includes the World Heritage sites of Stonehenge, Bath and Blenheim Palace, the iconic River Thames, the well-loved towns of Stratford on Avon and Salisbury and the stunning hills and villages of the Cotswolds and Chilterns.
From the historic university city of Oxford see Chipping Campden, Bibury, and Tetbury as you ride through the Cotswold valleys. Stay overnight in Stratford on Avon, the birthplace of William Shakespeare and if you wish enjoy one of his plays at the theatre. Absorb the Roman influence in Cirencester, the film backdrop of Lacock and the engineering feat of the Kennet and Avon Canal. Take in the outstanding cathedral in Salisbury, the soaring downs of middle England, the Thames with its pretty waterside villages and the undersung Chiltern Hills with their beech woods. This trip is our longest and embraces everything that is England - prepare to be amazed!
- Price from
- Classic £2,160 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Luxury £3,180 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Extras included
- Personal guided tour of Stonehenge. See what’s included as standard
- 13 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts Saturdays and is circular from Oxford
- Classic Four hand picked small hotels, 5 inns and a tea room
- Luxury 3, 4 and 5 star hotels, three country pubs, two boutique hotels and a National Trust village inn
- Activity level
- Not so gentle cycling. More info...
- This tour is priced without a guide and you are free to explore on your own. If you would like a guide for part or all of your trip, we are happy to provide a knowledgeable, local guide
- Electric bikes
- 12 days of cycling 30 - 38 miles (48 - 61 km) per day
- gently rolling
- 25% very low traffic on the rest
- Additional nights in Oxford